Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Weekend with Grown Ups and Spencer Update

Brandon and I are taking a mini-retreat to Louisville to visit our friend Patrick and have some adult time. Grandma and Grandpa Harper are babysitting for us, so hopefully Spencer is a good boy! (He usually is.)

Spencer continues to grow and develop rapidly. He gives us lots of smiles, so we've captured a lot them on camera. He is also doing much better with tummy and side time. One of my absolute favorite things to do with Spencer is read him books. He gets big bug eyes and locks on to the images and looks so excited. Brandon took this picture of us reading one of his favorites: Dr. Seuss's ABCs.

Spencer also enjoys listening to his daddy play the guitar and music in general. In classic Amanda style, Spencer and I often take hip-hop boogie breaks at some point during the day.

We met with the colorectal surgery team this past Friday to discuss Spencer's next set of surgeries. We will be glad to get them behind us, and we have an incredible team of family and friends who are going to help us transition him when I go back to work May 24. I have mixed feeling about returning to work: I'll be glad to get back to being part of a professional team, but I know I'm going to be pining for Spencer time for sure!

1 comment:

jane said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy your adult time.