Spencer and I have been trying out some new playtime activities during the day to shake things up a bit.
In the morning, we've been playing with stuffed animals -- namely Grover and Mr. Bunny -- sitting up in the rocking chair while mom eats her breakfast. Spencer likes to sit up this time of day (he is normally very awake around the 7 a.m. hour after eating) and thinks it is really funny that I make silly faces at him while I am eating. He is all smiles and laughs and he seems to enjoy the softness of these two particular stuffed animal friends.
Later, in his afternoon bug-eyed time we've been working on floor time. In addition to his monkey island mat, we are doing side and tummy time with the help of a cute blanket my little from the 110 (Christina) made him and the fun mirror Jane bought him. He's much more tolerant of belly/side time and is doing great as far as I can tell! I've also been using the mirror as short-term entertainment in the crib, which he seems to enjoy.
Otherwise, we're doing the usual circuit: books, looking at pictures in the house, funny faces, talking, cuddling, etc. I'm working hard on taking time for myself during the day, even if Spencer isn't fully cooperating. I took some advice from a friend (and great mom of THREE, Lisa) and decided I can't beat myself up for not entertaining him every waking moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment