During the 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. time, Spencer is so visually alert and happy that I can't help but perk up. Seeing him look me directly in the eye then give me that beaming smile makes me so incredibly happy -- I think it's probably one of the best feelings in the world because I know he recognizes me and he's happy to see me. Love it! It makes me momentarily forget his medical challenges and know that he's going to be just fine. We love him so much. It's amazing how feeling that parental connection changes you.
Here is one of my favorite Smiley Spencer photos from the past two weeks and one I took of our feet in the backyard.

3 comments:
That is such an adorable picture of him! He is getting so big! Jade is 8 months today. I still can't get her to crawl. She has just started enjoying tummy time. Well, at least tummy time can last longer than 10min. now. sigh... I hope she starts crawling soon. She loves to babble! I already can't get a word in when Michael gets home because Gabe is going a mile a minute, and now Jade is squealing in the breaks that Gabe is not talking. Lol. It is adorable though.
He look like such a happy little guy! I love the feet picture!
I'd give up sleep for that smile too!!
Post a Comment