Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Next President: Barack Obama

I didn't have a chance to blog about the Democratic National Convention this week. I think Hillary Clinton did just about everything she could to rally her more die-hard supporters to get behind Barack. She summed it up when she asked people to think about whether they were voting simply for her or for the beliefs of the party.

McCain is more of the same: tax cuts for big businesses and the excessively rich and higher taxes for the average folks like all of us. Failed economic policies, more jobs shipped abroad...the list goes on.

No way. No how. No McCain. Barack Obama not only presents the hope, unity and change we need in America--he and his team can make it happen.

Tax cuts for middle class Americans. Governmental support to help people send their kids to college. Incentives for companies to keep their jobs in America. Universal health care. Better public schools...the list goes on.

Off my political soapbox...

We spent the Saturday with Anna, Andrew, Ann and Willard. I made homemade mac-n-cheese, BBQ and bean salad for a hearty lunch and then we headed to the Newport Aquarium. After we dropped the GPs off at the hotel, Anna, Andrew, Brandon and I sat around drinking wine, looking at old pictures and playing games. This morning we slept in a little then had a breakfast at Daybreak before they hit the road.

I'm insanely short at the shelter tonight, so I'm going t spent about an hour reading then go in to to take care of my 600 kitty friends.

No comments: