Friday, August 22, 2008

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

I’ve decided I’m a bit obsessed with working out. I look forward to it every day—especially my spinning classes, which unfortunately will end soon. Our small medical campus fitness center is being taken over by the main Campus Recreation Center. Unfortunately, that means all the fitness instructors got fired and—big surprise—the new management will be much more corporate. I get grandfathered in at my low rate ($29/mo.) but it will go up after one year to $36. The will also have students and contracted instructors teaching…blah.

Thank goodness it’s Friday! I’m pooped—and I’m sick of writing this week, but still have a ton to complete, including a 1,500 word feature on lead research. I have to work on a news release about a basic science paper tying bisphenol A to obesity today, too. I think I’ll have to hit the elliptical machine at lunch time to get reenergized after that.

We’re headed to Ft. Fun (otherwise known as Ft. Wayne, Ind.) for Ben Pearson-Nelson’s 30th birthday. It should be fun—they are having “Olympic” games. Ben’s already talking trash about beating us at cornhole. Less than four more months until D-day for Brandon and I, too. Ugh. 30. I think I’ll stay 29.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm 30. i can hear a clock tick tick ticking away lol! Had to say just had to say it!

cousinskimnjudy said...

HA! Just wait till you're breathing down 50's neck.. 30? You're just a baby!!