Thursday, January 21, 2010

Being Parents

In less than two weeks, Brandon and I will get to meet our son and will officially take on new titles: mom and dad.

I can't really express all the emotions and thoughts that swirl through my brain when I think about becoming parents -- a mix of excitement, fear, apprehension, awe. Could this really be happening? Are we ready to be parents? Am I ready to be a mother? Do I have the strength and foresight to guide our son on a path of happiness and success? It's a pretty intense emotional and spiritual journey. Even though I can feel our son moving inside me every day...even though we see our doctors twice a week and have weekly ultrasounds at this point, it still doesn't seem real to me. I'm in for a heavy dose of reality on February 3!

I think the fear mostly comes from not knowing what's in store for little Spencer once he's born. It's frustrating and scary to face the unknown. It will be nice to have answers so we can get on with enjoying our son and our life as family of more than just two.

2 comments:

The Kelley's said...

My birthday is on the first...if you have a talk with him, maybe he would want to go ahead and come on out on the 1st. lol

You will be great parents. It is scary, and mistakes will be made. Lets face it we are only human, but you will learn and so will he. There will be ups and downs. Sometimes our thoughts tend to run rampant, and we think we have to have it all figured out and written down just so. It really doesn't have to be that way, and it is impossible to plan out what we will do and how we will react with every situation that comes along on this journey called life. It will be amazing to be parents! I can tell you that! It feels so magical and awesome!

Unknown said...

Grandparents can help smooth out the rough edges and clear up some of the uncertainty - that's why we're here:-) Looking forward to next week!