Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kitchen and Weekend Update

This week is a bit crazy in the evenings, so I've decided to use my lunch break to update my blog.

First, the kitchen: except for some minor painting and hardware things, the kitchen should be complete by this evening. YEA! Our handyman is grouting the tile and installing the ceiling fan today. We'll need to seal the tile and grout later. Our countertop went in on Monday.


Here is a picture of the countertop, pre-faucet and floor installation:





This is what the floor looked like this morning (you can see the faucet in the distance):


We ran into a minor snag with the fancy ceiling fan remote we bought, but hopefully Rick and Brandon can sort that out this afternoon.

This weekend went Saturday having a nice visit with Dad in Waynesville. I made him a pot of turkey chili and we hung out at the dog park with Ginger and three of his dogs. (He also fixed our exhaust fan!) Afterward, Brandon and I went to the Caesar's Creek nature preserve for a hike. It was hot, so we indulged Ginger and let her get in the creek. She loved it!

That night we did some work around the house and watched Jay Bruce, our new phenomenal Reds outfielder, play some incredible baseball. We ate a very late dinner of mixed grill kebobs with the first margaritas of summer. Brandon is good cabana boy.



Sunday we slept in, then did some more house stuff and the plumber can to unhook all the plumbing in preparation for thecountertop. I had cat shelter duty, as usual, so it was a long night.


Last night Paula and I went to dinner then to see the long-awaited Sex and the City movie. It was bit predictable, but very enjoyable nonetheless. I see a bit of myself in both Charlotte and Miranda. Charlotte gets extra points, though, her maiden name is York, just like me!

Charlotte likes to have everything perfect and hold things up to fairytale perfection. Miranda is a bit neurotic, but exceptionally stubborn. These are all characteristics I hold...I suppose that is why women relate to these characters, though: in varying ways, they are reflections of us.


Tonight I'm going for my final dress fitting for Sara's wedding. I can't believe the big day is almost here! We're having her shower and bachelorette party this weekend. It's also Paula's 30th birthday weekend and I have a cat volunteer meeting Saturday--busy busy!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I really enjoyed the Sex and The City movie. I relate the most to Amanda. The kitchen looks great!

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks beautiful! You guys have doena great job. Sorry never got into the sex and the city thing. Sort of like the Sopranos I might have watched it when it was on HBO if I had it but can't seem to get into it now. Those margaritas looked tasty!