I think it is safe to say that spring has finally arrived in Ohio!
Even though it was about 32 degrees when we attended our first Reds game of the season last week, baseball signifies spring. We even saw Edwin Encarnacion hit a walk-off homerun on our first night out. Very nice!
It's been gorgeous and warm the past two days in Cincinnati. Brandon and I caught a touch of spring fever, so we seized the moment and spent Monday evening removing all of storm windows and inserting those glorious screens.
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have to cool breeze soaring through our windows for the first time after what felt like an eternity of winter. The cats are in heaven, too, since they can hear the birds singing up a storm through our bedroom window. (I'll try and post a picture of them tomorrow morning.)
Tonight we took our normal 4-mile walk, then went to Arthur's, one of our favorite casual dining haunts, for Burger Madness (unlimited topping steak burgers for $6.50) in their awesome outdoor dining area.
Brandon, Pants and I spent the weekend having one last baby-free weekend with our friends Ben and Carrie in Knoxville and their dog, Kona. Ginger and Kona are practically twins, so Pants always laughs that we have matching dogs.
The Feldmeyers' first baby, Luke, is due May 5, but will probably come a bit early since Carrie has gestational diabetes. It's weird to watch our friends transition into parenthood, but I guess that's part of "growing up" right? Regardless, I don't think they'll let it change them too much. They're great friends, and I'm sure they'll be great parents.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Keep your eyes open, it was when our friends started having babies that we got bit by the baby bug lol! Glad you enjoyed your Reds game even if it was nippy!
Post a Comment