On Saturday, I put my animal peddling skills to the test as a volunteer at the Pet Expo. STAF had a booth where we tried to draw people in with cute little animals, then recruit them as volunteers or potential adoptive families. I spent a good deal of time using cute little Oliver (see picture) to draw people in and then tell them about what we do.
(What do you think Jane--is this the future "Beast"?)
Sunday night I was short three volunteers, so it was long night of cleaning at the shelter. It truly is a labor of love and even though I sometimes complain, I can't imagine ever stopping. I spent a few moments giving extra love to Xavier and Pumpkin, two of my favorite old FIV kitties. Both are purr-boxes, and love to sit on your lap.
On the homefront, I'm mad at Calvin. I found a great area rug at TJ Maxx for $59 (originally $175) that I couldn't resist. The other one was scratched and yucky.
Some feline resident of our house decided to scratch the heck out of it this evening...needless to say, I'm about at my breaking point. Darn cats! I love 'em but they drive me crazy at the same time!
Tonight I had dinner with my friend, Paula. I always enjoy hanging out with her. I feel lucky to have her as a friend--especially since I wasn't overly friend to her when we worked together at Pinger. (What can I say: I was jealous she got to work in the area I wanted!) Fortunately, she didn't hold it against me!

2 comments:
He is very cute!!
Oliver is a cutey hope Jane adopts him! Sorry to hear Calvin tore up your new rug.Darned animals!
Post a Comment