After reading Jane's blog daily for about a year, I've decided to enter the blogosphere.
It seemed appropriate, since I decided that I need to start journaling again to explore my intermost thoughts and fears. Why not allow the rest of the world to chime in, right?
Anyway...today I've been reflecting on what it means to be a good parent. My parents were great growing. Sure, they didn't always get alone (who does), but they provided me with unconditional love, filled my belly with good food, kept a roof over my head and encouraged me to be whatever I darn well wanted to be. So, today I say THANKS to my parents. I love them dearly, and always will.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Amanda,
I loved reading your blog! I have just one comment:
God is wonderous spiritual energy. God is the love that is in each of us. The earthly world ,as you pointed out can be random and unfair. God is powerful and transends this world. Love is our only lasting legacy. When we have nothing else, we have love to give and receive and this is what sustains us. I have a most remarkable daughter in law who blesses my life and whom I love dearly!
Bess,
Thank you for your comments...you've made me think. I've felt kind of empty lately...perhaps I need a new view of the world and higher powers. I guess I've been wondering what the purpose of life is, and how I can do something to make the world--and my own view of it better.
I feel blessed to have you in my life, too!
Post a Comment