Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rest and Relaxation

Brandon and I had a great, relaxing birthday weekend retreat to the Inn at Honey Run in Millersburg, Ohio. We took Monday as a vacation day and spent two nights just resting and relaxing in secluded Ohio. We typically go to the Hocking Hills (one of our absolute favorite retreat spots) this time of year, but decided that was too remote and potentially too icy for us, given that I’m seven months pregnant. I finished re-reading (for the third time…) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets over the weekend and look forward to diving into Prisoner of Azkaban once I finish wrapping Christmas presents and making Christmas cards this week. I have about 20 more cards to go…love the result, but the process can get tedious – especially when you put off the work because of school!

This weekend, I’m looking forward to lots of girl time – Sara and I are pampering ourselves Friday night with manicures and pedicures. Thanks to a present from Jane, mine is going to be free! Whoo hoo! On Sunday, Paula and I are going to have lunch. Can’t wait to see both of them.

On Saturday, we’re having our annual birthday celebration with the Harpers so Bess, Kevin, Anna and Andrew will be down to Cincinnati. We’re looking forward to their visit and showing off our holiday décor. (Eventually I will post pictures…this is the problem with film cameras. GRRR) This week is officially 32 weeks into our pregnancy – yikes! He’s almost here. We’re getting excited to meet our son and resolve all the questions hanging out there. This medical illustration really struck me today – no wonder it feels like a little alien is squirming around in my abdomen. Look how big he is. We have another ultrasound on Monday, Dec. 21.


Hope everyone’s holiday season is going great!

3 comments:

The Kelley's said...

I agree...completely amazing...having a baby grow inside you!

CincyWorkin'Mama said...

it's absolutely wild..but it's the coming out that i'm worried about at this point. yikes!

The Kelley's said...

With jade the coming out was a piece of cake! Crazy to say that...but true! My doctor used mineral oil and it made a world of difference compared to my first delivery! Oh and the wonderful epidural...which at this hospital they gave much sooner than the other hospital I delivered Gabe at. I was more afraid of "delivering" the stent than I was the baby. lol. All went well though thank goodness. As it will with you I'm sure!