I met Becca in Lexington this Saturday for lunch and to satisfy our mutual addiction to the vampire/werewolf love stories by seeing New Moon. The movie was better than the first one, but – like the book – a bit slow. I did decide I am officially more of a werewolf girl, which I announced to Brandon when I got home. He didn’t find it as amusing as I did.
Sunday, Brandon and I spent most of the day doing house work. Unfortunately, it’s that time of year when we can’t deny that old man winter is coming like a freight train so we broke down and put those awful storm windows in. We’ve got it down to an efficient system, but it is still a royal pain in the rear. Ah, to have modern windows—that would be such a luxury! For now, we’ll enjoy the new furnace and be thankful for that.
We took what has become our weekly pretend hike. I call it pretend because normally this time of year we would be hiking for hours at a nearby State Park on the weekend. My two-cord vessel and limit to a 120 heart rate has relegated us to a moderate 30 minute walk at Ault Park a few miles from our house. Sigh…at least Ginger gets to chase squirrels and sniff out deer.
Tonight is the season finale of Dancing with the Stars. I’m torn between Mya and Donny Osmond, but I fear Kelly Osborne may be the dark horse winner because of her fans.
This week is a short holiday week of course – yea – so we are looking forward to a respite and visiting with Brandon’s family in Columbus over the Thanksgiving holiday. This will be Ginger’s first real visit to the Harper house in Columbus. In the past, she’s stayed in the garage but Kevin has agreed to give the indoor environment a shot. I’m sure she will be on her absolute best behavior. She’s even getting groomed for holidays on Wednesday. Now I just need to get her that cute little jingle bell collar that Brandon refused to buy at Petsmart…
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment