In an all-out nod to crazy American consumerism, Brandon and I got up and went Black Friday shopping with Anna, Andrew, Bess and Kevin the day after Thanksgiving. It was a wild experience -- getting up at 4:45 a.m. and pushing through crowds at the evil empire nonetheless, but surprisingly fun.
Our sole mission was to get a computer. The best deal was hands-down to be had at the evil empire (AKA Walmart), so we braved it. We were able to get an HP Pavillion bundled computer system for $398, so we were very happy. We also bought a few small things at Kohl's after a 7:30 a.m. jaunt to Steak and Shake for burgers that we have decided should be a tradition.
We had a nice Thanksgiving day as well. Kevin and I cooked the turkey, gravey, stuffing and gren beans. The rest of the family handled mashed potatoes, desserts, onion chutney and drinks. The turkey was a bit tough, but it was nice that we were able to buy a free-range turkey versus a butterball special.
Today is the family/friend shower for Columbus. I'm getting excited, but also nervous. I don't like being the focus on parties.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment