This past weekend was a great change of pace – absolutely no reading or assignments for school and no social obligations. Brandon and I spent Saturday knocking out all of our yard and housework chores (cutting the bushes, mowing, weeding, cleaning the house, etc.) so we could completely relax on Sunday. We got it all done—with Brandon doing the majority of the heavy lifting—and treated ourselves to dinner at China Gourmet Saturday night. Sunday we slept in a little then went hiking at Caesar Creek, which was really nice.
This week it’s all about prepping for the weekend painting project. Anna and Andrew have graciously agreed to give us some free labor, so we’ll be painting all three bedrooms on the second floor of our house in preparation for Baby Harper. We sorted all our books and took everything off the walls last night. Tonight we’re going to Lowe’s to buy all our supplies. I won’t say I’m looking forward to painting because I don’t like painting, but it’s exciting to think everything will be freshly painted up there by the end of the weekend – especially since we’ll have help!
On Friday if all goes well we’ll find out if we are having a son or a daughter. Just saying those words makes it whole situation seem quite different and real.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So, did you find out if it is a boy or girl?
Post a Comment