Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day...with Too Much Labor!

We had a busy, productive Labor Day weekend.

On Saturday, Brandon watched the first OSU football game of the season and I went to visit dad and take Ginger to the dog park. In the early evening, Anna and Andrew arrived to help us tackle the upstairs painting projects: three rooms, three closets and a whole lot of trim/windows to prime and paint. We did some prep work Saturday night, including moving all the big furniture I couldn't help Brandon lift and trimming the baby's room. We cooked ribs and baked potatoes for dinner, then crashed.

From then on, it was painting, painting and more painting. By the time Anna and Andrew left on Monday afternoon, we had finished all the trim and painting in our bedroom and the small room next to us. Brandon and I tackled the baby's room once they left and finished removing all the trim tape. We finally called it a night around 9:15 p.m. and ordered pizza from Angilo's. It was a huge help to have Anna and Andrew there!

Last night, Brandon tackled the the rest of the primer in the closets -- we agreed I shouldn't be in there since it is so fumy and requires a ladder. Tonight we're going to try and move the rest of our clothes, books, etc. upstairs because our basement keeps getting wet from the heavy rain and we're worried something might get ruined. So, more work for us...but fortunately we have the weekend free and then we're off to Arizona!

And in case you haven't heard...Baby Harper is a boy.

1 comment:

jane said...

Sounds like things are coming along with the painting. Have a great time in Arizona is I don't get to talk to you before then.