It's been a busy few weeks, but what else is new right?
Let's see, we headed to Columbus the weekend of Aug. 8 for Brandon's cousin Jarrod's birthday party, which was basically a mini-family reunion. We had a good time and enjoyed all the yummy food Aunt Michelle fixed. We also got to spend some quality time with Brandon's cousin Zach's new baby, Logan. He is about three months old and very cute. Brandon did a great job with him --despite all the women watching his every move. Aunt Shauna passed on a good piece of advice, which she received from her mother: Don't ever start something you don't want to continue. (Note to self: re: crying baby...)
This past week was super crunch week for grad school -- I had a 10 page paper due for retailing, numerous case studies to read for B2B marketing (a large part of our grad is based on class participation/commentary on case studies) and a group powerpoint presentation on another case. I made the week worse by crashing my car -- it was completely my fault and a very stupid maneuver. What ticks me off is all the money I wasted: $1,000 deductible (on a $3,000 repair) and $114 ticket for running a red light. Fortunately, no one was hurt. It did royally screw up my day though -- I spent hours dealing with insurance and had to make a quick visit to my OB to make sure the baby was OK. Heartbeat 156 and strong, no injuries to anything except my pride...and the car. Brandon is my personal chauffeur for now.
Also, we found out that Sassy's has some fairly serious kidney problems. For now, we are going to switch her diet and see if that helps stabalize her. If not, I will be learning to give her fluids at home.
This weekend we took a break and went shopping for baby furniture/bedding on Friday to make a final decision about paint colors for upstairs. We have a good idea of what we want to do now. On Saturday, we had a nice lunch with Paula and Kirk then split boy/girl with the boys playing frisbee and girls hitting the outlet malls.
I had to present at 7 a.m. this morning for work. FUN. I also do my B2B presentation this evening for class. Wish me luck -- hope I'm still standing at the end of the day.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad you and the baby are alright! Too bad about the car :( and the deductible. Brandon did do very well with the baby he didn't even panic when he started to fuss. Sorry to hear about Sassy as you know that is usually the way it goes with older cats. Good luck!
Post a Comment