Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dancing with the Stars and My Busy-Body Weekends

We had a busy weekend and another one coming up…how do I always do this to myself? I need a break from my weekend breaks!

Anyway, Tito came into town on Saturday from Hawaii. It was raining, so I recruited Paula to accompany me on a last-minute trip to the salon for pedicures and a day of shopping. We had a good time and it gave me a break from the boys. I rented Bride Wars and vegged out upstairs while the boys battled it our at Wii golf until the rain subsided and we were able to walk Ginger. That night, we went to the Precinct for dinner and spent too much money, but it sure was tasty. On Sunday, I got my first CSA basket. We had some incredible strawberries in our basket and cute little brown eggs, among other things.

I cooked breakfast for Brandon, Tito and I, then we drove out to Woodland Mound for a round of Frisbee golf. The weather was incredible! Then the boys played croquet and I went shopping for perennials and a new butterfly bush. After all those were planted, it was off to the shelter. Last night, we went to the Reds game with Tito, Paul and Paul’s friend Simon. It was a good game and a great sunny night to be there, but the Reds unfortunately lost.
I cooked breakfast for Brandon, Tito and I, then we drove out to Woodland Mound for a round of Frisbee golf. The weather was incredible! Then the boys played croquet and I went shopping for perennials and a new butterfly bush. After all those were planted, it was off to the shelter. Last night, we went to the Reds game with Tito, Paul and Paul’s friend Simon. It was a good game and a great sunny night to be there, but the Reds unfortunately lost.

I am so disappointed that Gil did not win on Dancing with the Stars last night. he is an incredible dancer and he had such chemistry with Cheryl. Shawn was good, but she’s a friggin’ Olympian. Is that entirely fair? At least Melissa didn’t win. Boo-ya!


This weekend is packed: Friday night dinner with Sara, Saturday day trip to see my new baby cousin and get my childhood rocking horse refurbished by my great Uncle (at the same time B’s dad and Grandpa will be at our house working on the swing and fence), Sunday Frisbee/grill out with Paula and Kirk and mulching on Monday. I am determined to find some hammock time in there, too.

No comments: