I spent March 24-28 exploring the Big Easy as part of the Association of American Medical Colleges conference. I was fortunate enough to get approval to go down a full day earlier so my colleague and I could participate in a Habitat for Humanity project across the bridge from the ninth ward. It was absolutely incredible being part of the rebuilding effort – which still has a long way to go years after Katrina.
Here a few shots from the building site – we basically put in the entire floor support structure, which included a lot of wood sorting/crowning, nailing and termite flashing:


Work was nuts last week because our office has picked up new responsibilities, two of my co-workers were out of the office, I was on call for media and on deadline for a newsletter. YIKES. Fortunately, I made it through the week and had a great weekend of relaxing that started with some great girl time with Paula and Emily on Friday. Saturday Brandon and I spent all day working in the yard -- which is shaping up nicely – then we had brunch with dad on Sunday. It was a great weekend!

2 comments:
You look like a natural with that hammer. Now I know where you were when I called on Friday night. I am glad you got some girl time. We will have to catch up this week.
Joe's gonna be adding a lean to on the back side of the buck barn I will tell him I know who he can call for help lol!
Post a Comment