Today it was gorgeous outside, so we took a long walk then played quite a bit outside. Spencer loves being outside. Today, he discovered the joy of putting sticks in a bucket and pulling our neighbors solar lights out of the flower bed. He also enjoyed some quality walking/slight running time with Mom up and down the sidewalks - cast be damned, it's not slowing him down!
My favorite thing that Spencer is doing right now is leads me by my finger all around the house and yard. It's so sweet. He also likes to sit on the bottom step of the house and swing his legs then he just grins like he is so proud. I love watching him experience this confidence in himself. He does the same thing when he achieves something new: for example walking backward pulling a toy or getting on and off his car all by himself.
Today, I got him to eat by squirting baby food from a pouch in his mouth. He found it hilarious. he also found it hilarious when Dad made the book do a monster chomp and almost bit his fingers.
So fun! I'm thankful for this time at home with Spencer, even though he's a little grumpier than usualy. Heck, I'd probably be a lot harder to deal with if I had the surgery he just had!

1 comment:
Glad to hear that things are getting more normal. Enjoy your time at home with him!
Post a Comment