Here we are again, on the eve of a new year. It’s really just another day, but symbolically it can signal change for so many people. Working with the media, it always makes me laugh about the silly stories that come out this year about New Year’s resolutions. How many people stick to them anyway? Real change requires commitment … and we all know humans are slow to change. We are creatures of habit!
For me, 2009 will be a year of refocusing on home and local activities. We’re going Maui in February, but after that Brandon and I plan on completely cleaning out our basement so it is useful for more than a junk room and buying that furnace we’ve said we would buy for the past few years but put off in lieu of vacation. (I don’t regret it—life’s too short not to travel!) We also want to get a new refrigerator so all that great local produce from the CSA won’t spoil!
So … as I reflect back on the great experiences I’ve had in 2008 and look ahead to 2009, I feel thankful. Thankful for my family’s good health, a secure job, supportive friends and a devoted life partner—corn and all!
We’re headed to Columbus for our annual New Year’s eve celebration with Anna and Andrew tonight. It will be good to catch up!
In other updates, Christmas in Kentucky was nice despite my being sick. (Who likes puking on Christmas…or ever, for that matter?) Mom got Brandon and I a Wii game system—which was totally unexpected—so we had fun playing it with Justin and Becca. (Mom also got them a Wii.) We went hiking later that weekend at Caesar’s Creek once I felt better. It was unseasonable warm, so I probably would have insisted we go anyway even if I had still been sick. This week, I caught up with Sara. It was great to see her!
Well, lunch break is over. Have a safe and happy new year everyone!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well at least you can look back at 2008 and not cringe at turning 30 lol! It is just a number. Hope you enjoyed your time with A&A on New years eve! Happy new year to you and B!
very nice to know you are eating organic if you can. My folks purchased the farm that I live on in 1962, and it hasnt had a pestiside on for all those years. We have raised cattle, horses, hay, and other crops in the past 46 years, and could really tell the difference.
Its good your husband is eating all those vegtables. Its funny but, those veggies were part of our daily food, and I remember my friends families eating their veggies also. Funny how people have gotten away from seeing turnips and sweet potatoes and such as good food.
Post a Comment