I was a pirate and Brandon was a pimp/rockstar type. It turned out GREAT--especially considering we had no official costumes, just accessories. (Pictures to come later.)
On Saturday night we had our first--to be annual, I believe--block party. It was far more fun than I expected and we got to meet lots of people. We ate food and drink spiked spiced cider (mulled by Brandon) while enjoying the excellent fall weather. After we were socialized out, we retreated to the backyard and burned a fire in our firepit.
Sunday we went to East Fork Lake to hike and enjoy the fall leaves. We really wanted to go to the Barack Obama rally at UC, but it was just too much time to give up. People were in line by 1:30 p.m., and I have shelter duty of Sunday nights.
Speaking of shelter animals, I'm so excited to hear that the Obamas are going to get a dog for their little girls. I'm even more excited to hear that hear they plan to get a rescue dog. Whoo hoo! There are a lot of irresponsible breeders out there are far too many furry friends in shelters who would love a good, permenant home.
Volunteering at Save the Animals Foundation is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I'm selling raffle tickets for the HOLIDAY BIG BUCKS RAFFLE right now, if anyone is interested. Tickets are $5/each and they give away $8,000 total.
Here are some of my favorite cats:
CLARK--he was abandoned

WILL FERAL--he came to us with a broken hip

BUBBA--he came to us with severe chest trauma after some idiot shot him with a BB gun

1 comment:
Love those cat pictures! Bubba looks like he thinks he is some kind of royalty and your disturbing his nap time clicking those pictures lol
Post a Comment