Monday, May 5, 2008

Still in Iowa

I'm still conferencing in Iowa.

After the day's sessions and social activities, I went outside to the swamp behind the hotel (it's bizarre) and saw two adorable families of baby geese. It was so fun to watch their parents herd them along the edge of the water hunting bugs, then scurry across the water when the other geese approached. It made me think of when I used to sit for hours out in backyard playing with kittens at our house. One summer we had four pregnant female cats how up at our house. As upsetting as it was that the cats weren't spayed, Becca and I enjoyed a summer full of fuzzy little kittens and, fortunately, we found homes for nearly all of them.

I'll be glad to get back to Ohio tomorrow. I miss my little family (which consists mostly of animals), a regular workout routine and balanced meals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I know you are NOT still in Iowas as I saw you here at my house on the 10th of May. Where's the new posts?