Sometimes I feel like that guy in American Beauty ... the world if full of beauty. Sometimes I feel like it is so beautiful that I will become consumed by it. It isn't a bad thing - it's actually a great thing, but it's a different type of overwhelmed. For me, it's the type of feeling that makes me want to cling to the moment ... never let it go. It makes me feel a sense of inevitability ... like I am enjoying the moment so much I am absolutely petrified it will disappear and I will never experience that joy again.
I know, inside my head can be a little intense.
Things I love and never want to forget:
the sound of Spencer's giggle - sometimes spontaneously erupting from him at the most unexpected times, like in the car on the way home from school
Brandon reading the "don't tickle the duck" book out loud to Spencer
the feeling of a hug with a friend or loved one after being apart a little too long
my snuggly baby, rocking, dancing, holding each other close
the pride of seeing your child learn something new ... small or large
the feeling of peace and safety sleeping next to my husband
the concentration on Spencer's face when he is coloring or building blocks and the exuberant "I found it" or "I got it" he exclaims after completing a task
the sound of the ocean
the feeling of the warm Hawaiian breeze blowing through my hair driving with the top down
the cottage in Kona where Brandon and I spent one of our best vacations
the pride of finishing a backpacking trip and the satisfying ache of my muscles afterward
the importance of great girlfriends in helping you navigate life's often tricky waters
my grandpa's blue eyes and the smell of his truck
my grandma's laugh and family parties
I could go on and on and on.
Life is beautiful. Screw the ugly stuff, it's not important. Living life is important.

1 comment:
I love this post...so well said!r
Post a Comment