Ah, these are the memories I never want to forget: Spencer, sitting on our living room smiling like he didn't have a care in the world, enjoying some a delicious Saturday night treat of mango sorbet.
It's easy to get wrapped up in all the hard stuff -- the ifs, the questions, the day-to-day obstacles, future fears. What is important is embracing the moments in front of you. I admittedly have periods of great success doing this and many other erratic periods of epic failure on this front. It's a flaw, I'm working on it.
After a meltdown on Friday (my most common meltdown day) during Spencer's dinner, the day after his second esophagus dilatation, we ended up having impromptu playtime in the backyard sprinkler while Brandon was watering the grass. It was so fun watching Spencer explore the sprinkler. I found myself startled by my own genuine laughter and smiles. It feels good to smile, to laugh, to truly be enjoying the moment without effort. If could bottle that feeling, I'd become a millionaire selling it.

1 comment:
Where is the "like" button on here. :)
Post a Comment