Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Grad School and Weekends

I spent most of my weekend in class – about 15 hours worth of retailing. Suffice it to say, I could do not to hear anything about Walmart, Kroger, Publix or Target any time for the next few weeks. (Our visiting professor from the University of Georgia talked quite a bit about these superpower retailers…) Now I have a group project to complete – including a 250 page book to read in preparation for the project—before July 24. FUN. It’s going to be a busy month!

On Sunday, Brandon and I headed up to Dayton for the Blues, Brews and BBQ Festival. We noshed on some great BBQ wraps and enjoyed the live music. Pants, Bess and Kevin joined us for the headliner concert – Dr. John, a famous New Orleans musician, and Robert Randolph & the Family Band. It was a great way to relax after a long weekend of class, but it sure made Monday morning hard.

This weekend we’re going to chill at home. We’re hosting Brandon’s parents and his aunts and uncles Friday afternoon/evening at our house then going to a Reds game. It’s fireworks night, so it should be a great night!

Happy short work week!

No comments: