I've had lots of things pop into my mind lately, but haven't taken the time to blog about them...so, this is going to be a bit unfocused. Betty King would not approve.
I'll start with the latest: Facebook. It's a curse. It's addictive. I'm a very social person, so I am naturally curious about where old old friends from high school and college ended up. At the same time, it is easy to become completely obsessed with finding and contacting people. I especially enjoy looking at pictures. It's a slippery slope, though, because like most things in my life I instantly start comparing myself to the people I used to hang out with. It's like living vicariously through a TV show...but through really people. It's crazy!
I'm also glad Election Day is almost here. I believe Barack Obama will be our next president, and that makes me feel good about the future. The pessimist in me is worried though. So...ROCK THE VOTE ya'll! Unless you're going to vote for McCain. :)
I've also been thinking about my biggest weakness. I seem to never be satisfied with anything. Why is that? It's a bit neurotic and it seems to cross into every aspect of my life. It makes me too competitive for my own good sometimes and far too critical of other people as well as myself. At least I am much more aware of it than in the past!
Last Wednesday, we went to a OU alumni wine tasting at a local winery called Tino Vino with our friend DuWayne. It was a lot of fun and good to catch up with DuWayne. I also got to meet one of his co-workers (and a fellow OU alum) who was really nice.
Brandon and I have spent the last two weekends in Cincinnati. It has given us a nice break from all the hussle bussle. This weekend we went to the Jim Beam Bourbon tasting with our friends Paula and Kirk on Friday. (Kirk works for Jim Beam and this is a fundraiser they do for Sky Ranch and Kid's Cafe.) I sat next to this girl named Kelly and her husband, Don. For some reason, Kelly and I totally hit it off. On
Saturday, we slept in and then went hiking at East Fork Lake State Park with Ginger. That night, we headed to Paula and Kirk's house to watch the OSU game. We really enjoy hanging out with Paula and Kirk, so it was a good time!
Sunday I took Ginger to Waynesville to visit dad and his dog. It's been a long time since I've been up to see him, so it was nice to visit. I made him a pot of chili (his favorite) and we let the dogs run around the dog park. It's a great way to spend a fall afternoon. That night, it was off the shelter as usual then back to the grind Sunday morning...
The weekend before last Brandon and I had a great time just hanging out at home and relaxing. We burned all the wood that fell out of our tree and made smores in the chiminea and had an impromptu Saturday night dance party. It was awesome. Brandon has a way of always deflating my stress, making me laugh and keeping me grounded. What can I say? He's the ying to my yang.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment